Makes 9 muffins
· 1/3 cup + 1 TBS natural nut/seed butter
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
· 3 small extra ripe bananas, mashed very well (3/4 cup total)
· 1 cup almond flour, 110g
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
· 1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate chip / sliced banana to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin pan with oil, or use silicone muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl add nut/seed butter, egg and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to combine or whisk together vigorously. Add in mashed banana (mine was more like a puree) and combine until smooth. (This step can also be done in NutriBullet/blender).
3. Add in almond flour and evenly sprinkle on baking soda, cinnamon nutmeg and salt. Use large spatula to gently combine until no lumps are present in batter. Batter should have a medium thickness, but not too heavy.
4. Evenly distribute batter into 9 muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way full.
5. Decorate with chocolate chip or sliced banana (optional).
6. Bake muffins for 12-18 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Muffins will rise and cracks should appear when done. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.